Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Railing Post Candle Holders

I have been wanting some BIG candle holders or my mantle. I have looked and looked and can only find EXPENSIVE ones. Expensive as in $80.00-$130.00 for EACH candle holder. That is CRAZY..I would never spend that. So, I improvised and made these big guys! It was actually pretty easy. We went to Lowes and rounded up the supplies. You need railing posts, post caps (which can all be found in outdoor deck railing area), spray paint primer and color, some nails, and wood glue.
First I decided what size I wanted them and we marked them off. Luke got out his nifty saw and cut them down for me. We glue and nailed the post caps to the bottom of each post for stability. Once we got them put together, we sanded them down and sprayed them down with primer.

Waited for them to dry...and painted them with the spray black paint! :) And here is the final thing......
My pumpkins will hang out on them until after Fall. :) Two BIG candle holders for under $55.00....you can't beat that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment