Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkins

Halloween is quickly approaching so I thought it would be okay to start working on our pumpkins. I saw an idea on pinterest that I knew I wanted to do. I didn't think it would be too hard at all. Below is what I wanted to accomplish. .........
Let's just say..MAJOR FAIL! We cleaned our pumpkins out and drilled holes with Luke's handy drill. All was well up until this point. We grabbed a couple strings of lights and started to poke each light (yes, each light) through the holes. It was a PAIN in the you know what! :) About the time you got them in, another one would pop out....pulling the bulb out of the socket and leaving us with unlit lights! I got fed up with it pretty quick...so we resorted to just sticking the entire string of lights in the pumpkin and below is what we have. I may try to just put some candles in it for Halloween and see if it lights up better. We may have needed bigger holes too, but I'm over it! They will have to do! :)

I didn't have so much luck in the pumpkin area! Oh well..there is always next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment