Thursday, October 13, 2011

Around the Clock

I have had a hard time deciding what to do with the BIG brown wall. I have a HUGE clock on it, but it just wasn't cutting it..... Luke put some molding around it a couple weeks ago. It was super cheap...about $10.00 for all of the molding. It still just wasn't doing it for me. It need something more inside the frame I thought....
I decided to try and paint something in the square. I had thought about doing some type of stenciling, but that just requires to much time! I decided to paint stripes (they are easy!) using contrasting high gloss paint. We painted the wall with satin paint. If I knew I was going to do this I probably would have chosen flat paint. I bought the sample size paint from Home Depot in high gloss! I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out....

Here it is after we pulled the tape off! I love how subtle it is! It was so easy, took about an hour from start to finish.
I'm happy with the way it turned out! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are SO creative! I love to see all your new creations! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete