Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lazy Weekend

We have had a great, lazy weekend!! I can't tell you the last time we have had absolutely nothing to do on a weekend! It was so nice! We haven't really done much of anything. Friday we went to dinner with the Flusche families...it was good to see everyone! The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, grocery shopping, and doing a few projects around the house.

Luke is in the process of building some shelves AKA storage for the garage. I didn't get any pictures of that. I decided I wanted to spruce up my makeshift printer table. We purchased a new printer this week and didn't have anywhere to set it. Luke had an old, ugly end table sitting in the garage. We decided to use this for the time being. I got to thinking I could really do a lot with this thing....

This project cost me ZERO dollars. I have everything I needed at the house.
You will need:
  • Any type of wooden table.
  • Spray Paint
  • Tissue paper of choice (scrapbook paper would work too, just harder to manuever)
  • Mod Podge
  • Brush
I forgot to take any pictures of the table before I spray painted it. Here is what it look liked post spray paint. I only spray painted the bottom since the top is where the tissue paper is going to go. I also sanded the top of the table, just to make it easier to adhere.



this is what it looks like after you apply the mod podge.
finished table!
i love it! i wish I could leave it in the living room...i just don't have anywhere to put it.
this pretty much sums up our weekend :)

happy week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment